Here you can find a comprehensive overview of ALL changes made in APIS IQ-Software Version 7.0 since the initial release in July 2019.
Service Pack IQ Version 7.0 – 0050
- The “FMEA Errata Sheet” from the AIAG/VDA FMEA handbook was adapted into relevant parts of the IQ-Software. [V7-3427]
FMEA Forms Editor:
- When entering the FMEA number, a check will be made if this number is unique for the entire fme file. [V7-3424]
AIAG/VDA Form (MSR):
- The FMEA-MSR Formsheet is now available. This form can be used to analyze the causes that may occur in the category “customer operation” regarding their effects on the system, taking into account safety mechanisms and operating conditions. Safety mechanisms contained in the failure net are displayed in the FMEA-MSR Form. Furthermore, safety mechanisms can be derived from actions that were entered in Section 6 of the MSR form. These safety mechanisms are displayed in the MSR form and integrated into the failure network. Similar to the FMEA Formsheet, various scenarios can also be displayed and evaluated in Section 6 of the MSR Formsheet. [V7-3638]
- In the Failure Net Editor, the settings for decimal places have been reinstated. (“Display options | Functional Safety“).
“Tools | Workstation Settings | Settings” now also offers a “Functional Safety” page. There, the displayed decimal places for values according to IEC 61508 / ISO 26262 can be set. By default, the names according to the ISO standard are used unless the document is set to IEC standard (Document Settings | Functional Safety). The decimal places for DC(SPF) and DC(LF) are now equal and can be set in the “DC” edit field. [V7-114]
- Adaptations of “Functional Safety” functionality according to “ISO 26262 Second edition 2018-12”: New objects were introduced for the definition of Safety Goals. Safety Goals can be defined for Structure Elements. The ASIL classification and the assignment of target values can be defined for a Safety Goal. For the violation of a Safety Goal, single faults and multiple faults can be linked via two predefined anchors in the failure net. [V7-128]
FMEDA Forms Editor:
- The FMEDA Form for ISO 26262 has been revised: The “Functional Safety Table” (Version 6.5) has been integrated into the new layout. Content of a FMEDA Form is now a Safety Goal (New object in V7.0). Based on a Safety Goal and the information available about the failure net, the FMEDA Form is filled in and the corresponding Functional Safety calculations are performed. [V7-209]
- In the FMEDA Form Layout ISO-26262 two columns “Source FIT” and “Source for % value of failure” have been added. [V7-294]
The following bugs have been fixed with this service pack:
V7-2861, V7-3445, V7-3505, V7-3550
Service Pack IQ Version 7.0 – 0040
- When importing characteristics from Excel (File | Import characteristics), it is now possible to include both “sample frequency” as well as “sample size” with the attributes’ value. [V7-644]
- You can now filter textually and there are extended choices for cause selection in the dialog to “Fade-in actions at linked causes…”. This functionality is available in the context menu of the Structure Editor and Function/Failure Analysis Editor. [V7-787]
- Autofilter (Structure tree/FFA): analogous to the filter “Failure context”, there is now an auto-filter for functions/characteristics. A renaming here occurs in “Function net context” or “Failure net context”.This auto-filter filters parts of the structure tree, whereby a context in the Function/Failure net has a dependency to the selected function/characteristic/failure. The name of the selected object is used for comparison. [V7-1646]
- New available is the parameterizable system filter “Action Priority (AP)”, which filters actions according to their AP and in the context of their revision state. The parameters can be defined via the properties dialog. [V7-2511]
- In the Excel import dialog the data range to be imported now can be easyly defined by using context menu commands “First data row” and “Last data row”. [V7-2550]
- When creating FMX bookmark files, the active variant – if any – is now saved. After opening the FMX bookmark file, the variant is activated immediately. [V7-2585]
- If User-defined Attributes and also the Hot-Click icon for User-defined Attributes are displayed in the structure list, the type icon for User-defined Attributes is only displayed once. [V7-2744]
- The Workstation setting “Auto-complete” is extended by “Do not use Auto Complete technique when editing existing data objects”.When active, the Auto-complete technique no longer affects renaming FMEA objects, but only the creation of new objects (e.g., entry in empty table field for functions).Fields that do not represent any FMEA objects, such as deadlines, responsible persons, priorities, status (for customer requirements) continue to support the Auto-complete technique. [V7-2975]
- Search and Filter: the new filter criterion “Newer module version is available” can be used for Systemelements and Structures. Thus, Systemelements or Structures can be found in the Structure-Editor or in the IQ-Explorer that are associated with a module or with a module variant but for which newer versions are available. [V7-2986]
- The Document setting “Classification inheritance” now also works together with the Document setting “Enable assignment of multiple classifications”. [V7-3000]
- Filter/Highlighting: the current document language is now used as the language default for the filter in all editors (except the IQ-Explorer). Changes to the filter language are only retained for the session. [V7-3052]
- In the Workstation settings, the options for LDAP, Carm- and CarmNG-Server, program update and DeepL as well as the corresponding proxy settings can now be tested directly via button. [V7-3103, V7-3371]
- In contrast to V6.5, the symbolic responsible persons were not included with their concrete responsible person in the notification via HTML and the autofiltering. This has been fixed. [V7-3182]
- When adding new failures in the Fault Tree Editor, a new query dialog displays with the question of whether the failure net should also be extended. This can be deactivated (“Do not show this message again and remember user’s choice”). This dialog replaces the previous one and the workstation setting has been removed. [V7-729]
- In the table editors, it is now it is possible to activate the options “Show reference language” and “Show notes (where available)” simultaneously. [V7-996]
- Management Report: via a second toolbar, cells with text formats can now be “overwritten”. This also applies to cells with fixed content. Where possible, this overwriting also applies to translations. [V7-1523]
- Management Report:-Drag&Drop in the table is now activated by default.-Drag&Drop of table cells is now by default a “move”. To copy table cells the Ctrl key must be used.-Drag&Drop of table cells is now also possible for multi-selection. To do this, use the Ctrl key.-When the grid lines are displayed, the parent sub-table of the current selection is now framed in blue. In addition, cells with non-changeable content are now additionally framed in yellow. [V7-2177]
- In the Deadline Editor (related to structure), the document setting “Use Severity-Max based on cause when calculating AP/RPN (in FMEA forms)” is taken into account when filling the “S” column. [V7-2183]
- In the FMEA scope analysis editor fields with valuations can now be deleted using the delete key. [V7-2848]
User View Editor:
- In the User-defined view, individual views can be imported into or from a file using the management dialog. [V7-197]
- In the User-defined view, the three factors (S, E, C) of the ASIL value are also displayed in the ASIL column. [V7-471]
Block Diagram Editor:
- You can now copy and paste areas (Ctrl+C/V). Linked objects are kept where it is possible. Ctrl+C adds the graphic to the Windows clipboard.It is also possible to copy areas within a diagram by using Ctrl+Drag&Drop. [V7-1926, V7-2868]
- New commands for zooming so that the whole picture or the full height/width of the picture is visible. These commands are availabe via “View | Zoom”, the (third) toolbar or the context menu “Zoom”. [V7-2865]
- It is now possible to create a new block diagram directly from the Windows clipboard. This requires either a picture or a path to a picture in the Windows clipboard. [V7-2869]
- When globalizing an action or failure (Data Manager | Catalogs), it is now possible to determine which of its instances should also be made global from a selection dialog. By selecting the type in Catalogs yourself, no values of the instance are transferred (old behavior). [V7-673]
- In the Data Manager, you can now enter notes for types in the “Notes list” and translate those notes in “Terminology and translation”. [V7-812]
- In the “Data Manager | Palettes“, it is now possible to determine the order of the columns using the menu command “Edit | Change display order“. [V7-863]
- In the “Data Manager | Inspection equipment“, two new columns for sample size and sample frequency have been added. [V7-2336]
- When adding a new inspection, the Properties-Dialog now asks for which variants the inspection should be available. [V7-2830]
AIAG/VDA Forms Editor:
- Similar to other FMEA Editors, the AIAG/VDA Forms can now be exported to Excel or HTML. [V7-2292]
- If a temporary view is used in the AIAG/VDA Forms Editor, this is displayed in text and color in the combo box in the upper left corner. The color is controlled by the background color “Catalog label” under “Tools | Workstation settings | Fonts and colors | Colors”. In addition, the last temporary view used can be restored using the combo box. [V7-2738]
- When displaying the header data, not only the column headers but also their section headers are now displayed. [V7-2803]
- The Quality Rules table “Table with degree of completion” is now available as a table in the IQ-Explorer. [V7-1412]
- If there is at least one structure version in which the inspected object exists, a new command is offered in the context menu: “Show version history”. Here, in a subsequent dialog, all those versions can be selected for which you want to see the version history of the inspected object. Any differences are highlighted in color. [V7-2802]
- It is now also possible to create or activate variants in the Object Inspector. [V7-2815]
- If an editor does not provide any attribute information when synchronizing to the Object Inspector, the synchronization is performed on the tab that was last selected for the synchronized object type. [V7-2884]
- Two new hot-click icons for Systemelements, which indicate whether or not an FMEA consideration is required for the respective System elements. [V7-1483]
Customer Specific Changes:
- Bosch: In the properties dialog page for choosing persons now there is a button for “LDAP search…” which opens a dialog for searching persons in the LDAP directory. A person selected in this dialog will be added to the list of persons in the document. Note: parameters for LDAP search must have been configured in the Data Manager for person management before. [V7-2783]
The following bugs have been fixed with this service pack:
V7-2515, V7-2648, V7-2679, V7-2728, V7-2759, V7-2772, V7-2787, V7-2806, V7-2808, V7-2833, V7-2907, V7-2916, V7-2927, V7-2941, V7-2952, V7-2995, V7-3023, V7-3037, V7-3051, V7-3053, V7-3054, V7-3056, V7-3062, V7-3144, V7-3313
Service Pack IQ Version 7.0 – 0030
- In the management dialog 8D reports can now be copied and reordered. [V7-204]
- Symbolic deadlines and responsibles can now be exported and imported as CSV text files. [V7-368]
- If you have opened multiple personal desktop windows and perform an ALT+double click on a Hot-click icon that opens another workspace (e.g. failure net), a dialog opens so that you can choose a destination workspace and personal desktop window.
When you synchronize while holding the ALT key (i.e. STRG+ALT+Q or STRG+Shift+ALT+Q), the same dialog is opened to choose the destination for the synchronization. These commands are also available in the “Window” menu: “Synchronize from upper/lower workspace”.
This feature simplifies working with multiple personal desktop windows. [V7-463]
- When an action is faded in, the valuation of the action to be faded in is assigned to the fade in location, if no valuation exists there. [V7-470]
- The deadline description field can now be marked in color in the FMEA form. [V7-995]
- Filter: the level “Function” now offers to filter by “has requirement with…”. [V7-1072]
- The variant-specific creation date for an action state now can be deleted in the properties dialog and the Object Inspector. [V7-1554, V7-2598]
- When synchronizing into the AIAG/VDA Form a dialog giving multiple options is now shown (if necessary). [V7-1888]
- Presentation Printing/Web Publisher: the control plan layout “N2018” is now also available in Presentation print and Web Publisher. [V7-2356]
- There is a new document setting in tab “Administration”: “Always create a meeting log for this document”. If this option is set (by default inactive), a meeting log is written irrespective of the workstation setting “Create meeting log”. If this document setting is inactive the workstation setting is used as before. [V7-2448]
- In the status bar at the bottom, the “Actions” icon can now be more easily distinguished between active and inactive. [V7-2466]
- Notes/Management Report: The degree of progess of a structure/variant can now be added using placeholders. Hint: The value can only be determined if the database is unique, i.e. if the data is a structure or a variant. [V7-2518]
- Bookmark: UNC notation will will be stored alongside the filename using Windows convention. Therefore, if the path is not available in the local Windows file system, the UNC path will be used to open the file. [V7-2530]
- FMEA forms can now be selected as content for the user-defined view. [V7-415]
- In the Process Flow Diagram you can now define a color for lines via the dialog for defining the line style (“Line style…” in the right-click menu). [V7-914]
- New hot-click icons for fault trees are now available. The icon can signal four different states:1. the failure is the root of a fault tree2. the failure is a basic event of a fault tree3. the failure is located on an intermediate level of a fault tree4. the failure is not part of fault tree.The hot-click icon can be enabled via the display options of an editor (area “Hot-click symbols“) [V7-2096]
- Filter/Highlight: analogous to the criterion “Fmea form is existing” it is now possible to filter by Block- and P-Diagrams. [V7-2415]
- The right-click menu above the bookmark list no longer contains the commands “Text” or “Paragraph Properties” because the assignment to the relevant text passages is not clear. [V7-2449]
- When deleting links, a query dialog now appears again. [V7-2465]
- A new display option (Options > Colored visualization of differences during multi-inspection) allows the user to see whether differences in values exist both in color and the tab header when using multi-inspection. [V7-2503]
- The global AP color values are now also applied to statistics. [V7-2516]
- You can now compare module versions on the CARM Server directly from their insert/built location. Use the new menu command “Compare modules…” in the “CSS Modules” submenu for this. [V7-545]
- When importing Excel files, you can now also import number and notes for requirements. [V7-2562]
- A “Filter” input field is now available for selecting user-defined attributes, which can be used to reduce the list of attributes dynamically. [V7-2450]
FMEA Forms Editor:
- In the FMEA form there is a new display option “Show empty revision states”. This allows you to control whether revision states that do not contain actions are displayed in the form. [V7-854]
- If the display option “Highlight rejected/overdue actions with color” is active, then each deadline of an overdue action will be drawn with overdue color. [V7-2391]
- The use of colors for risk matrix evaluations can now be controlled separately using the new “Use background color for risk matrix calculations” display option. [V7-2435]
- In the dialog for selecting a secondary file in the Consolidation desktop, you can now select the option “Use file system location of original secondary document”. The complete file name assigned when the secondary document was created is then used as the secondary document. [V7-117]
The following bugs have been fixed with this service pack:
V7-2193, V7-2507, V7-2421, V7-2680, V7-2411, V7-2469, V7-2306, V7-2637, V7-2540, V7-2187, V7-2402, V7-2661, V7-2403, V7-2484, V7-2419, V7-2486, V7-2512, V7-2451, V7-2513, V7-2393, V7-2488, V7-2655
Service Pack IQ Version 7.0 – 0020
Due to technical reasons, it is not possible to install service pack V7.0 – 0020 as an MSP (update patch) on top of the initial delivery of IQ-Software V7.0 – 0010. Updating the IQ-Software via “Help | Update program version” does not work for V7.0 – 0010 either. In order to install V7.0 – 0020 you need to uninstall the current IQ-Software first, then reinstall V7.0 – 0020.
Starting from service pack V7.0 – 0030 installing an update via MSP will be possible again.
All customers who received their delivery of version 7.0 by download (email) can reuse their existing download link to receive an installation archive for a fresh V7.0 – 0020 install.
All customers who received a CD delivery will automatically receive a new CD containing the installation media for V7.0 – 0020.
Note: Customers who have installed V7.0 – 0012 or higher (see “Help | Info”) may alternatively install the MSP directly (e.g. via “Help | Update program version”).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any questions or problems.
- Global failures and actions can now also get bookmarks. These are “inherited” by their occurrences and are displayed at the end of the bookmarks list with the icon of their global type. Changes to the “global” bookmarks are only possible in the catalogs administration for the global types. [V7-576]
- When deleting the last detection action from an actions group, the detection of this actions group is reset.
When deleting the last preventive action from an actions group, the occurrence of this actions group is reset.
Depending on the workstation setting “Set initial O/D values to 10“, the valuation will be removed or initialized with 10. [V7-615]
- It is now again possible to read/write inspection equipments from/to the template file. [V7-2182]
- Requirements can now also be displayed in the User-defined view. [V7-176]
- When synchronizing to an FMEA form, the system now checks whether the object is already displayed in the open form. If this is the case, the selection only jumps to the object and no other changes are made. [V7-496]
- In the display options of Object Inspector you can now choose whether newly entered variant-specific values should be copied to other variants by automatically opening a choose variant dialog (“Manage variants for variant-specific value assignment”).
This option can be quickly enabled/disabled by double-clicking the variant edit mode icon in the status pane. [V7-574]
- AIAG/VDA Form now has additional filter functionalities which are also available in FMEA Form. [V7-949]
- Noise factor categories for characteristics (from P-Diagram) can now be shown in net and form editors (new display option). [V7-1729, V7-2378, V7-2122]
- When updating a module, changed attributes of objects of the installed module can be retained.
This behavior depends on the document setting “When updating a module at the installation location keep modified object attributes” (in the area “CARM-Server CSS / CSA“). [V7-424]
- When updating a module, deleted objects of the installed module can be retained.
This behavior depends on the document setting “When updating a module at the installation location keep deleted objects” (in the area “CARM-Server CSS / CSA“). [V7-2225]
- When updating a module, new objects that have been added to the installed module can be retained.
This behavior depends on the document setting “When updating a module at the installation location keep newly added objects” (in the area “CARM-Server CSS / CSA“). [V7-2226]
- Option “Insert: Copy with net connections” is added to the Special Drag menu:
- if the object is a failure, function or requirement
- if there are effects or causes
- if source and destination are in the same fme file (causes and effects are NOT copied but only linked)
- You can now choose the notes categories directly in the filter dialog. Consequently, the choice in the display options is now obsolete and has been removed.
The language selection in the filter dialog is now directly coupled with the language selection in IQ Explorer. Changes in one place are taken over to the other so that a uniform behavior is promoted. [V7-1307]
- The new column “action priority” can now be displayed via the display options. This column is filled for actions, action groups and revision states. [V7-2313]
The following bugs have been fixed with this service pack:
V7-2198, V7-2145, V7-2129
To see a comprehensive overview of all the new features of Version 7.0 with screenshots, click here.